While there are elements of effective leadership that are timeless, the context in which we lead, inspire, collaborate, team, and innovate has changed dramatically in our world. It's time to think differently about the role of the leader and the work of leading. In this program, we'll explore and ultimately challenge you to experiment with nearly every aspect of your leadership approach.
Primary topics include:
- Why it's critical to adapt your approach to leading in this environment?
- What your (every) team is really looking for from their leaders in this environment.
- Why teaching is more important than commanding and where you should start.
- What the research from leading in dangerous situations tells us about what we need to be doing daily in this environment.
- Exploring a blended leadership style: resilient, war-time, and servant and finding the right mix for you.
- How you can strengthen trust and dramatically improve collaboration and innovation.
- What must change about coaching and developing your team members.
- Why it's never been more important to cultivate influence through a "clean power" approach.
- How to develop yourself and how to know if it's working.
- Guided small-group discussion.
- Ample break-outs to engage with cohort members and share ideas.
- Tools (surveys, discussion topics) to take back into the work environment to help assess your situation and tune-in to team needs.
- Tools and approaches to apply immediately in the workplace. (There will be a weekly activity with a report-back due the next session.)
- One-on-one coaching focused specifically on identifying opportunities for you to adapt and strengthen your effectiveness.